2. Ready for the Opening
1. Exhibit entrance (left) and Icehouse Books area.
2. Exhibit entrance (right) with ICB publications and wall display of correct date of artist's birth (1899) for the artist; second exhbit area, the Dreamhouse is seen in background.
3. "Dreamhouse" alcove with photo sculpture of Castle (age 8) greeting theater-goers. Large "shingles" of cardboard--one of Castle's favorite materials--are decorated with would-be book covers or bookboard: commercial cardboard products (from Aleve to Zwieback cartons) donated by BSU students and book artists/bookmakers here and abroad! Note "Liphead Bookhead" (enlarged Castle illustration of a schoomate) on banner (right).
4. In background: the "Dreamhouse" area: life-size wall photo of Castle's "Cozy Cottage" model mobile home purchased for him in 1962 from sales of his work; cases in front of photo contain "Dreamhouse" drawings by the artist.
5. Portion of the Early Attic section of the exhibit containing newly discovered Castle books. Wall contains visual narrative from one Attic book, one Atic book is in the display case; KTVB-TV (NBC) program detailing the Attic discovery airs (right).
Last Updated 5/24/05