1. Which of the following is not contained in a MARC field?a. A tag number
b. One or two indicators
c. One or more subfield codes
d. A template
2. In a MARC record, a tag consists of:a. A three-digit number assigned to each field
b. A five-digit number assigned to each field
c. Alphabetical indicators for each field
d. Symbols indicating new pieces of information
3. When looking at the various tags for main entry, which of the following is not a function of the first indicator:a. To indicate that the name is a forename only
b. To indicate that the name has a multiple surname
c. To indicate the letter of the alphabet that the main entry starts with
d. To indicate that the name is a jurisdictional name
4. True or false? A manual of MARC fields, tags, indicators, and subfield codes is a necessary part of working with MARC.
5. Control information that helps to identify the item being cataloged is found in the:a. 4XX fields
b. 0XX fields
c. 8XX fields
d. 2XX fields
6. Subject headings are found in which section of the MARC record?
7. True or False? In a MARC record, many field tags can be repeated as many times as is necessary to enter all of the pieces of information needed.
8. True or False? Computers sharing cataloging information communicate best when the complete version of MARC is used, rather than a simplified version of the MARC format.