Summary of Why Weed?
To put it more succinctly, there are a number of reasons for weeding your collection.
1) It makes your collection more attractive since it removes older, dilapidated materials.
2) It makes your collection more useful, since it removes materials that are out-of-date, and therefore no longer accurate.
3) It makes your collection easier to use, because useful materials are no longer "hidden" among materials that are not useful.
4) It makes room for newer and more useful materials.
5) It helps the staff know their collection better.
6) It can serve as a collection assessment technique since it requires the staff to really look at the collection, which can lead them to better know the collection's strengths and weaknesses.
Click the arrow below to continue to the next page