Use the following review heading from Booklist to answer the first three questions:
Colman, Penny. Girls: A History of Growing Up Female in
America. Mar. 2000. 192p. index. illus. Scholastic, $18.95
(0-590-37129-0). DDC: 305.23.
1. Based on the review heading, does this book contain an index?
2. In the review heading above, what do the numbers 305.23 signify?
a. The price
b. The Dewey Classification number
c. The ISBN (International Standard Book Number)
d. The number of pages in the galley proofs.
3. When was this book published?
Use the following review heading from Choice to answer the next two questions.
Western medicine: an illustrated history, ed. by Irvine Loudon. Oxford, 1997.
347p bibl index afp ISBN 0-19-820509-0, $49.95
4. Does the book contain a bibliography?
5. The letters "afp" in this review heading indicates:
a. That the book is published on acid free paper
b. That the book's contents are certified by the Academic Free Press, an independent think tank, as factually accurate.
c. That the book has an afterword in publication.
d. That the book contains Anti-aliasing Formulated Pixel maps and illustrations, which are very high quality.