1. True or false? All library collections can be assessed by the same standards.
2. True or false? The staff can assess a library's collection solely on the basis of the library's mission statement.
3. True or false? Depending on the collection development policy, one section of the library may have different collection standards than another section.
4. The standards by which the collection can be assessed should be found in:
a. Librarian notes from the previous assessment.
b. The minutes of the staff collection development committee.
c. The collection development policy.
d. All of the above.
5. The first step in the collection assessment process should be to:
a. weed the collection.
b. review the relevant parts of the collection development policy.
c. add new books so the library will look good.
d. alert the library's governing authority.